School evacuated over suspicious odour
|
Bookmark and Share
Mar 22, 2012  |  Vote 0    0

School evacuated over suspicious odour

Our London

Students at Sir Wilfrid Laurier Secondary School were forced to evacuate on Thursday morning (March 22) due to a suspicious odour in one of the school’s bathrooms. Emergency crews were dispatched to the school of more than 1,100 students on Milbank Drive at about 11:35 a.m. due to reports of a strong odour in a male washroom on the school’s main floor. London Fire Department Deputy Chief Brian George said crews who went into the school found no signs of any dangerous concentrations of gases such as methane, ammonia or carbon dioxide and the students were allowed back into the school shortly after 12:30 p.m. He said the area around the washroom was ventilated and crews at the scene believed the odour to be coming from strong cleaning solvents.  

|
Bookmark and Share

(0) Comment

Join The Conversation Sign Up Login

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

In Your Neighbourhood Today

SPONSORED CONTENT View More