London firefighters were kept busy over the noon-hour on Tuesday (Feb. 19).
At approximately 12:30 p.m., firefighters responded to a call for an apartment fire at 146 Wellington Street, which turned out to be just a burning pot on the stove.
There was a lot of smoke associated with the incident and the occupant of the residence had gone back and attempted to put it out themselves, “which is never a very good idea,” said Platoon Chief Paul Carew. “Once you call the fire department — leave.”
As a result, one man was transported to hospital for smoke inhalation. Damage from the fire, estimated to be around $5,000, was contained to the one unit.