- Indigo Riff is hosting a CD Release Party for its latest release, In Love with Love, at the Wortley Roadhouse (190 Wortley Rd.) from 8 p.m. to midnight. The band consists of Karyn Kirkwood (vocals), Dean Macdonald (drums), Bob McFee (piano) and David Atkinson (bass). For more information, visit www.indigoriff.com.
- Great Lakes Blues Society is holding a general meeting at 7 p.m. at the London Music Club (470 Colborne St.). Every one is welcome. No cover charge. Following the meeting there will be a spotlight set featuring Saigon Pharmacy, then the regular Thursday Electric Blues Jam. For more information, contact Stephen Cole at email@example.com or visit www.greatlakesbluessociety.com.
- The second annual Wish You Were Here . . . Again, a tribute to Pink Floyd will be held at the Grand Theatre at 8 p.m. The event is a fundraiser with proceeds supporting the London Health Sciences Foundation for prostate cancer research. Tickets cost $40 for reserved seating or $25 with a student ID. Visit www.wish-you-were-here-tribute.ca or call 519-672-8800 or 1-800-265-1593.
- London Community Players presents The Diary of Anne Frank at the Palace Theatre. The play runs from Nov. 11 to 19 at 8 p.m., with the exception of the show on Nov. 13 that takes place at 2 p.m. Call 519-432-1029 or visit www.palacetheatre.ca.
- Take part in the 50/50 Draw and Purple Night with the London Knights at the John Labatt Centre at 7 p.m. as part of the Shine the Light on Women Abuse campaign. Campaign merchandise such as T-shirts, Swarvoski crystal awareness bracelets, ribbon car magnets and awareness bracelets will be available.
- Paul Elvis performs live at the Moose Lodge 1205 (6 Weston St.). Doors open at 6:30 p.m and the show begins at 7. Tickets are $15 each, and include the show, door and raffles prizes, and more. This event is a fundraiser for Participation House Support Services London and Area. For tickets, call 519-434-9361 or 519-933-3369.
- The London Irish Folk Club is hosting an Irish Dance Ceili at Dufferin Hall (453 Dufferin Ave.) from 8 p.m. to midnight. Live Irish music will be provided by Traddicted with special guest Canadian and U.S. Fiddle Champion Shane Cook. Dances instructed by Maureen O’Leary. Come out to learn some dances or just to enjoy the music. Advance tickets ($15) are required. Cash bar. Silent auction. This is a fundraising event for Hutton House an association that supports youth and adults with disabilities. Call Rosella at 519-471-9008, Hutton House 519-472-6381 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
- London Rigatoni for Research, which supports paediatric brain tumour research, presents Hot Mediterranean Nights, a sensory extravaganza. Learn about the French, Italian and Spanish rivieras while enjoying gourmet tastings, lively music and gaming tables. The event takes place at the London Hunt and Country Club at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $75 per person. Phone Susan Marshall at 519-642-7755, ext. 222, email email@example.com or visit www.braintumour.ca/2265/rigatoni-for -research--london-on.
- The Wearable Art Sale featuring jewellery, scarves, hats and clothing by local artisans takes place at Museum London from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday noon to 5 p.m. The sale is part of the ArteMusea Festival. Visit www.museumlondon.ca.
- Serenatamusic presents 12-year-old Canadian pianist Anastasia Rizikov in a program of Bach, Beethoven, Liszt, Granados, Gershwin and Scriabin at 3 p.m. at Wolf Performance Hall in the London Public Library (251 Dundas St.). General admission is $30 or $15 for students. Visit firstname.lastname@example.org, phone the Orchestra London box office at 519-679-8778 or 519-433-8332, or purchase tickets at the door.
- Don’t miss the Pillar Community Innovation Awards from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the London Convention Centre. There will be a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres and cash bar. Tickets cost $50 for a Pillar member, $65 for a non-member or $400 for a table of eight. Call 519-433-7876 or visit www.pillarnonprofit.ca.
- The Re-duce, Re-use, Re-love Annual Revamped Fashion Show, created by fashion merchandising students from Fanshawe College using restyled clothing donated by Goodwill Industries, takes place at London Music Hall. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at the BizBooth at Fanshawe College, by emailing email@example.com or at the door. All proceeds to support My Sisters’ Place.
- The Karen Schuessler Singers present All Creatures Great and Small at Wesley-Knox United Church at 8 p.m. Advance tickets are $20 (adults), $17 (seniors) or $22 and $19 at the door; students $10; children 6-12 free when accompanied by an adult. Tickets can be purchased at Belle Air Music, Chapters, and Tuckey Home Hardware or online at www.kssingers.com. Phone 519-455-8895 or visit www.kssingers.com.